NIT Warangal – National Institute of Technology
About NIT Warangal
The Government of India (GOI) has said that the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Warangal is an institute of national importance. It is a public technology school. On October 10, 1959, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru laid the first stone for the institute. It used to be called a Regional Engineering College, but in 2002, it was changed to NIT Warangal. In the NIRF 2021 Ranking, the institute is ranked 23rd in the Engineering category and 59th overall. The campus of NIT Warangal is 256 acres in size. The National Institute of Technology Warangal is trying to get better at technology. It encourages effective ways to teach and focuses on the development of the institute as a whole.
NIT Warangal has 13 academic departments and a few research centres in engineering, science, humanities, and management. NIT Warangal is the best because it has facilities and infrastructure that are up-to-date and a good system for running things. The National Institute of Technology Warangal has an undergraduate programme called B.Tech, four graduate programmes called M.Tech, M.Sc., M.B.A., and M.C.A., and research programmes in engineering, the humanities, the sciences, and management. The Career Planning and Development Center at NIT Warangal is friendly with a lot of different companies. It helps the departments find jobs for students in their last year at well-known companies.
The National Institute of Technology Warangal is in Kazipet, which is in Warangal in the Indian state of Telangana. It is easy to get to by rail, road, and air. On National Highway 202 between Hyderabad and Warangal, it takes 2.5 hours to get to NIT Warangal. The airport closest to Warangal is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, which is in Hyderabad. From there, you can take a train or a taxi to the NIT Warangal campus, which takes about 2.5 hours by car and 2 hours by train. There are train stations in Kazipet and Warangal, which are close by. From the campus, the Kazipet Railway Station is 3 km away and the Warangal Railway Station is 12 km away. Kazipet junction is the best one because many trains go through it.
Awards, Recognitions, Accreditations and Collaborations
- In 2021, the NIRF ranked NIT Warangal 23rd in the Engineering category and 59th in the overall category.
- In 2020, the NIRF ranked the National Institute of Technology Warangal as the 19th best engineering college in India and the 46th best college overall.
The National Board of Accreditation has given the National Institute of Technology Warangal its seal of approval.
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad
- Infosys Limited, Bangalore
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited, Hyderabad
- Central Power Research Institute, Bangalore
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Hyderabad
- Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Bangalore
- International Foundation for Entrepreneurship, Science and Technology (IFEST), USA
- Sky e IT Solutions Private Limited, Hyderabad
- The Lakshya Foundation, Warangal
- Warangal Municipal Corporation, Warangal
- Software Technology Park of India, Hyderabad
- Jayaprakash Narayan College of Engineering, Dharampur, Mahbubnagar
- Texas A&M AgriLife Research University, USA
- IBM India Limited, Bangalore
- CNR, Chennai
- Effexort Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Helsinki University of Technology, University of Oulu, Tampere University of Technology and The University of Tampere, Finland
- University of Malardalen, Sweden
- Telangana Academy of skill and knowledge (TASK)_Institute for Electronic Governance, Telangana State
- National Academy of Construction (NAC), Hyderabad
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (NITT)
- Water and Land Management Training and Research Institute
- Defence Metallurgical Research Laboratory (DMRL)
- FutureNowInnosoft Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Nonferrous Materials Technology Development Centre, Hyderabad
- Tampere University of Technology, Finland
- International Advanced Research Centre for Power Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad
- Research Centre Imarat (RCI), Hyderabad
- Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (VNIT)
- Central Manufacturing Technology Institute (CMTI)
- Eternal Green Innovations Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad
- National Institute of Technology, Agartala (NITA)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes, Nantes, France
- Sapience Consulting a Texas Instruments University Programme (Bangalore)
- Research on Advanced Biomedical Solutions Pvt Ltd., Hyderabad
- Apollo Computing Laboratory Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Telangana State Council of Science & Technology (TSCOST), Govt Telangana, Hyderabad
- MNIT, Hyderabad
- Electronic Corporation of India Limited, Hyderabad
- Elico Ltd., Hyderabad
- University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Chennai, India (IITM)
- BHEL for Research & Development, New Delhi
- Geo Vista Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- ELICO Ltd., Hyderabad (different from that of S.No.35)
- Lave Consulting Services, Bangalore
- iBuild innovations India Ltd., Hyderabad
- Telangana State Road Transport Corporation, Hyderabad
- Sky e IT Solutions(P) Ltd., Hyderabad (License agreement)
- Incube Ventures Pvt. Ltd., Ahmedabad
- Sri Mangadu Kamatchiamman Business Corporation (INFOMAPS), Chennai
- Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
- Info Trans Engineers Private Limited (ITE), Hyderabad
- AMD India Pvt Ltd., Hyderabad
- South Ural State University Chelyabinsk, Russia
- FLOWHREX Technologies, Pune
- Survey of India, New Delhi
- Affine Tech Systems Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- CUSMAT Technologies, Hyderabad
- Nucleonix Systems Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
- Electro Optical Instruments Research Academy DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Packaging, Mumbai
- Neuland Laboratories Limited, Hyderabad
- Hexagon Capability Center India Pvt Ltd., Hyderabad
- Institute for Solid Waste Research and Ecological Balance (INSWAREB), Visakhapatnam
- BluSapphire Cyber Systems Pvt Ltd., Hyderabad
- Engineering Council of India, New Delhi
- Exseed Space Innovations Pvt Ltd., Mumbai
- Engineering Staff College of India (ESCI), Hyderabad
- National Council for Cement and Building Materials, Hyderabad
NIT Warangal Eligibility Criteria
|Name of Degree||Eligibility Criteria|
|B.Tech.||Passed XIIth + Valid score inJEE Main|
|M.Tech.||Bachelor’s Degree + Valid GATE Score|
|M.Sc./M.Sc. (Tech.)||Bachelor’s Degree + Valid JAM Score|
|M.B.A||Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology + Valid CAT/MAT Score|
|M.C.A||Bachelor’s Degree + Valid rank in NIMCET|
|Ph.D.||For Engineering Departments:Completed Masters in Engineering/Technology + Qualified in GATEORCompleted Bachelors in Engineering/Technology + Valid GATE score For Science Departments:Master’s degree Science/B.Tech/M.Tech + Qualified in GATE/INSPIRE/UGC/NET/CSIRFor Humanities:Master’s degree in relevant discipline of English + Qualified in GATE/ NET/UGC/CSIR/INSPIREFor School of Management:MBA + Qualified in GATE/UGC/CSIR/INSPIRE/NET|
NIT Warangal Admissions
The National Institute of Technology Warangal accepts students for undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate degrees. The admissions process and qualifying requirements varies for each course. To enrol for undergraduate and graduate programmes at the National Institute of Technology Warangal, candidates must take admission tests like JEE-Main, GATE, JAM, MAT, CAT, and NIMCET and obtain a passing score or rank. View the application procedures for all courses here:
NIT Warangal B.Tech Admission Process
- Participate in JEE Mains and earn a reliable score.
- Join the JoSSA counselling programme.
- Based on the seats that JoSSA has allocated, candidates are narrowed down.
- Pay the course costs, participate in the document verification process.
NIT Warangal M.Tech Admission Process
- Take the GATE exam and get a good score.
- Enroll in CCMT counselling.
- Based on the seats that CCMT has allocated, candidates are narrowed down.
- Verify your documentation in the procedure, and pay the necessary course costs.
NIT Warangal M.Sc Admission Process
- Appear in JAM and get a good score.
- Enroll in CCMN counselling.
- Counseling involves the shortlisting of candidates.
- Verify your documents, then pay the NIT Warangal costs.
NIT Warangal Scholarships
The National Institute of Technology Warangal provides government and private scholarships to help deserving and financially capable students further their education. The list of NIT Warangal scholarships available to students who meet the requirements is shown below:
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited Scholarship
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations Sponsored Students
- CSS for Top Class Scheduled Caste students
- NCERT Scholarship
- National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities
- Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access Scholarship
- Sh. Anand Swarup Garg Scholarships
- Smt. Shanti Devi Scholarships
- Smt. Shyam Lata Garg Scholarships
- Sh. Ram Lal Gupta Scholarships
- Smt. Lilawanti Himatlal Desai Scholarships
- Sh. Ram Ji Lal Garg Scholarships
- Smt. Indira Jayendra Kumar Shah
NIT Warangal Placement
Dr. K. Kiran Kumar is the director of the Centre for Career Planning and Development at the National Institute of Technology Warangal. It helps students get jobs in prominent software and management companies. Companies from a variety of industries visit the school to recruit applicants for entry-level careers. Over the years, the placement department at NIT Warangal has maintained cordial connections with well-known corporations and has established an exceptional placement record in terms of companies visiting the campus and the proportion of enrolled students placed.
NIT Warangal Admissions
NIT Warangal offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes in engineering, science, humanities, and management. Candidates from all around India submit applications to be considered for admission to these programmes. Admission to these programmes at NIT Warangal is based on entrance exam scores. The institute contains 14 departments, each with a head of department and a highly skilled faculty. Admissions to the B.Tech programme at NIT Warangal are made through JoSAA counselling based on JEE – Main scores. Candidates must get a valid GATE score and engage in CCMT counselling to be admitted to the M.Tech programme.