IIT Mandi – Indian Institute of Technology
About IIT Mandi – Indian Institute of Technology
On February 24, 2009, the first stone was put down for the Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi. The institute is in Kamand Valley, which is in the state of Himachal Pradesh. In the NIRF 2021 Rankings, IIT Mandi was ranked 41st for engineering and 82nd overall. In March 2009, a separate IIT Mandi Cell was set up at IIT Roorkee to lead the development work for IIT Mandi. In April of that same year, a project report was given to the Government of Himachal Pradesh. It talked about issues related to the development of the campus. The institute became a society in the state of Uttarakhand in later months. Under the Ministry of Education, plans were made for the institute to grow even more. Today, the institute has grown to offer classes in fields like science, technology, and the arts. Students are drawn to the college because it has a library, a dorm, internship opportunities, job placements, and scholarships. The college works to fulfil its vision of being a leader in science and technology and fostering a creative and innovative environment.
IIT Mandi Location
IIT Mandi is in the district of Mandi in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. The institute is in the middle of the Kamand Valley. It is on the banks of a branch of the Beas river. IIT Mandi is in a village, which is not too far from the town of Mandi. It is only 14 km away. Because the land is so high up, the weather changes from month to month. Still, the institute is in a nice area with beautiful scenery, shops, markets, restaurants, parks, banks, and other conveniences.
IIT Mandi Honors, Awards, Accreditations, Partnerships, and Ranks
- In the engineering category of the NIRF 2021 Rankings, IIT Mandi came in at number 41.
- NIRF 2021 Rankings put it at number 82 for all categories.
- Manu V. Devadevadan, an assistant professor at IIT Mandi, won the Infosys Prize for Humanities in 2019.
- The Indian government’s Department of Science and Technology has given Rs. 7.25 crores to the Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi, to build the Technology Innovation Hub.
- Norwegian University of Science & Technology, Norway
- University of Stuttgart, Germany
- TU Dresden
- Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Tirupati
- RWTH Aachen University, Germany
- National Knowledge Network
- CSIR Institute of Human Bioresource Technology, Himachal Pradesh
- Technical University of Munich, Germany
- NPTEL Programme Implementation Committee
- Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- TU9, Germany
- EdCIL India Limited
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, United States of America
- Purdue Pharma L.P., United States of America
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
- Semi-conductor Laboratory
- Department of Revenue, Government of Himachal Pradesh
- National Highway Authority of India (NHAI)
- ISHAN VIKAS – STEP, an initiative between IIT Mandi & the Central Government
- Indian Institute of Technology, Una
IIT Mandi Cells, Committees and Councils
IIT Mandi has set up committees, cells, and councils on campus to help students improve their skills and make the campus a good place for all-around development, with a focus on safety and quality education. Among the most important are –
- Green Panel
- Women’s Cell
- IIT Council
- IIT Mandi Catalyst
- Career Counselling and Placement Cell
- Advanced Materials Research Centre (AMRC)
- BioX Centre
- Centre for Design & Fabrication of Electronic Devices (C4DFED)
- Design & Innovation Centre (DIC)
- Enabling Women of Kamand (EWOK)
- IIT Mandi Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) – Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
- Faculty Development Centre
- National Service Scheme
- Science & Technology Council
- Cultural Society
- Society for Collaborative Research and Innovation (SCRI)
- The Faculty and Staff Recreation Club
IIT Mandi Infrastructure & Facilities
The Central Library at IIT Mandi has access to more than 3000 e-journals and more than 13,000 books. There are also CDs and DVDs for students and teachers to use. The Advanced Materials Research Centre at IIT Mandi is one of its facilities. It has a multi-disciplinary platform for researchers and scholars to do in-depth research in areas like physics, the environment, chemistry, biology, engineering, solar cells, nanotechnology, magnetism, drug delivery, etc.
IIT Mandi has four virtual classrooms. The cyber centre has 404 Intel Xeon processors with more than 1 TB of memory each. IIT Mandi has a medical clinic with doctors, nurses, and pharmacists who are there almost all the time to help people who need health care. There are both girls’ and boys’ dorms at the Institute. Both UG and PG students can stay in these hostels. There are also places for staff and teachers to live on campus. Aside from that, there are guest houses for people who come from outside the country. On the main campus, there are banks that have ATMs.
IIT Mandi Courses
IIT Mandi has courses for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students. The only way to take classes at the Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi is full-time. Engineering and technology courses are taught at IIT Mandi. Here is a list of the courses offered at IIT Mandi:
IIT Mandi Eligibility Criteria
|75% marks in 10+2 examination. Admission is based on the score ofJEE Advancedfollowed by Centralised Consulting.
|B.E/B.Tech or M.Sc degree with a total of at least 60% marks.M.Tech admission is based on aGATEscore followed by advice.
|B.Sc degree in the relevant discipline with 60% marks from a recognised university.
|80% marks in total have completed B.Tech from any of the IITs. B.E/ B.Tech degree in a reputed R&D organisation with at least two years of work experience.
IIT Mandi Admission
At the Indian Institute of Technology Mandi, you can get in at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. IIT Mandi lets people take courses like B.Tech, M.Sc., M.Tech, etc. If you want to get into B.Tech at IIT Mandi, you have to take the JEE Main. In order to get into IIT Mandi’s M.Tech programme, candidates must take the GATE.
How to get into B. Tech courses at IIT Mandi?
- To apply for the course, the candidate must be able to do so.
- He or she must have passed the JEE Advanced test to get in.
- Wait for the cut-off statements.
- Take part in the counselling process that JoSAA is running.
- Get all your papers checked.
- Cover the costs.
- How to Get into M.Tech. at IIT Mandi
- To apply for the course, the candidate must be able to do so.
- The GATE must be taken.
- Reach the GATE deadline
- Get all the papers checked.
- Pay the fees.
Scholarships from IIT Mandi
IIT Mandi gives scholarships to students who qualify and are in different levels of schooling. HTRA Scholarships are given to students in the General and OBC categories who are taking B. Tech. and M.Sc. courses in chemistry and math. During the first two years, they get Rs. 16,000 per month, and during the next two years, they get Rs. One thousand students at IIT Mandi are given scholarships to go to the institute. Students can apply if their family income is less than Rs. 6 lakh. IIT Mandi students can also get a Merit Cum Means Bursary and a Post Matric Scholarship.
IIT Mandi Placement
The Career and Placement Cell, or CnP, at IIT Mandi is in charge of all things related to job placement. The placement cell plans different activities to help students get ready for the last rounds of the IIT Mandi placement process. According to IIT Mandi’s official placement brochure for 2020-21, 81% of the registered undergraduate students who were eligible were placed. Yodlee, Ceremorphic, Qualcomm, Intel, CDAC, Jaguar Land Rover India, L&T, ACME, Marvell, Indeed, TCS, and Samsung are some of the companies that hire a lot of people from Indian Institute of Technology Mandi.